Join us for a transformative experience rooted in the rich biblical practice of fasting. UniteBoston invites you to participate in a 24-hour period of fasting and prayer, dedicated to fostering spiritual growth and unity. Inspired by passages from the Bible, fasting involves a purposeful abstention from food and indulgences, allowing us to shift our focus towards connecting with God on a profound level. Together, we will embark on this journey of devotion, seeking guidance, expressing humility, and building stronger bonds of community. Let’s draw inspiration from moments like Jesus’ 40-day fast and the Israelites’ collective fasting during times of national significance. By setting aside physical nourishment, we aim to nurture our spirits and deepen our faith, while also praying for the mission, impart and collaborative opportunities of UniteBoston.
Join hands with us as we come together in a day of spiritual connection, reflection, and solidarity.
Ways to FAST with us:
You can fast one meal a day, one whole day of meals, or a particular food/drink. (sweets, coffee, soda, carbs, alcohol, etc.). Some may choose to do water/juice only for a day. Be sure to consult your doctor before you do.
Turn off all social media and news. Can you make it a full day? The idea is as little time online as you can. Get creative! Plan to go to the park, play board games, read books, build something, bake something, have dance parties, invite friends and family over and pray.
This fast means no movies/TV (NetflixTM, YouTubeTM, etc.) or shopping. Again, set yourself up for success. Don’t just create an empty space, fill that space with something good, productive, helpful, or meaningful! Fill it with prayer.
Ways to PRAY with us:
- Pray for wisdom for our team as we seek clarity on what is at the heart of our mission and decide on strategic priorities for our program year.
- Pray for mobilization of the body of Christ and for a renewed sense of God’s presence at our upcoming worship concert on September 30.
- Pray for the members of our Christian unity cohort as we seek to understand what is at the heart of our divisions and how we can live out Christian unity as a way of life.
- Pray for Calvin Lee, our new Communications Administrator as he jumps into this new role.
- Pray for our collaboration with The Send as we support this event in serving the city of Boston in a way that would leave the greatest positive impact.
- Prayer for the many churches coming together for the time for a citywide Alpha campaign that would off a safe place for hundreds of people to explore the Christian faith.
- Pray for this year’s Boston Flourish Conference and the initiatives who hope to support so that there might be flourishing for all in Boston.
- Pray for the thousands of next generation Christians who will be attending, that they would be activated on God’s mission fields locally and globally.
- Pray that the state’s foster care system would come on board to ease the process of people committing to foster care and adoption.
- Pray for a tangible sense of God’s presence and that people would walk away transformed.