Do you desire to see racial justice in Greater Boston? Would you like to be part of a community that’s nurturing shalom across racial lines? As the Race and Christian Community Inititiative at the Emmanuel Gospel Center enters a new season, we’re excited to share about where we feel the Lord is leading us and invite folks to speak into next steps at our Summer Social & Open House.
Join us for a barbeque, lawn games, & an opportunity to…
– Connect with Christians who care about racial justice.
– Hear about and speak into RCCI’s vision, ministry shifts, and hopes for our future
– Get clarity on how people of all races can connect with RCCI to participate in God’s redemptive work across racial lines in Greater Boston
As a part of this, we’ll be sharing about concrete ways to connect to God’s redemptive work and inviting you to shape and connect with our shalom-building communities.
– A multiracial collective action group that supports BIPOC-led, equity-building initiatives and offers extra support and accountability for white evangelicals’ action-taking
– An experiential learning weekend exploring the history of slavery in Boston and a subsequent southern civil rights pilgrimage, both led by a multiracial team and open to all Christians.
Our event is MBTA accessible, ADA accessible, and has indoor nursery access for caregivers of young children.
RCCI focuses on equipping White evangelicals to nurture shalom between individuals, communities, and systems damaged by racism. That said, it is critical that people of all races work together toward racial healing and justice – with BIPOC folks in the lead. Come to hear about exciting program and partnership opportunities for people of all races to continue Christ’s redemptive work across racial lines.
Visit www.egc.org/race for more information.