- This event has passed.
The Boston HERC is hiring!: Passport Program Coach
May 8 from 8:00 am - August 6 from 5:00 pm
Position: Program Coach, Passport to College
Organization Information: The Boston Higher Education Resource Center (Boston HERC) is a Boston-based non-profit organization that works to equip first-generation youth to succeed in higher education institutions, break the cycle of poverty, and become agents of change in their communities. Programmatically, the Boston HERC’s Passport to College Program places well-trained Program Coaches in 10 non-exam Boston Public High Schools to help students navigate the processes of applying to college, securing financial aid, and preparing for the start of their college career.
Position Overview: The Program Coach is assigned to one or two Boston Public High Schools, and, from an in-school setting, supports, mentors, and resources 1st generation students of color in the college application process and for career readiness.
- Relationship management and mentorship of students and student cohorts between 9th and 12th grade ● Relationship management of school and programmatic partners
- In-school content and workshop delivery on topics related but not limited to:
o College application and selection process
o FAFSA and financial aid
o Career exploration and readiness
- Data collection and management
- Summer melt prevention and Alumni Success Program support
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mission driven – passionate about service, urban communities, and youth of color
- Relational – ability to build and maintain strong relationships with students, community partners, and other professionals
- Entrepreneurial – ability to work in fast-paced and varied environments
- Organized – commitment to systems and timelines
- Solution-oriented – ability to take initiative to resolve internal and external challenges
- Team-oriented – commitment to the team and partnering academic institutions
- Committed to Christian principles
- Bilingual – ability to host workshops and engage in 1:1 conversation in both English and Spanish, Haitian/Cape Verdean Creole OR Asian
- Experience as or serving 1st generation students of color
- Experience with student and classroom management
- Familiarity with urban classroom settings, experientially or professionally
- Familiarity with college application and financial aid processes
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Terms of Position:
- Position Start Date: June/July 2023
- Full-Time: 35 hours/week, times vary per school placement schedule (average 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Location: Each Coach will be placed at one or two Boston Public High Schools. The majority of work hours will take place at high school placements, with remaining work hours completed at the Boston HERC office. Occasional requests will be made of Coaches to participate in programmatic events and activities on weekends or evenings.
- Minimum of 2 Years Commitment in the role
- Reports to: Passport to College Program Director
- Benefits: Health, dental, and vision
Send a resume and cover letter to Chief Executive Officer, Carolina De Jesus, email@example.com to apply.