- This topic is empty.
October 3, 2022 at 7:52 am #20723Elizabeth RossGuest
Gordon-Conwell is a multidenominational, protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 1,300 students and 200 faculty and staff from 78 denominations and over 50 countries. We offer a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA (our main campus); an urban context in Boston, MA; adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL; in addition to online and cohort models involving students from around the world.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature, and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
The Controller supports the Gordon-Conwell mission by providing excellent accounting and financial reporting services so that the resources of the Seminary are focused on a quality, evangelical theological education at an affordable cost to students.
The Controller serves as the individual primarily responsible for external financial reporting, ensuring governments, accrediting agencies, and other oversight organizations receive timely and accurate reports to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. They will be committed to overseeing the processing, recording, and reporting of the financial transactions and financial results of the Seminary in a timely, accurate, and meaningful way. They will also be committed to overseeing the organizational structure and supervision of the Accounting Office staff and seeking to develop a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence, especially regarding services to students, donors, faculty, leadership, and staff.
• Stewardship and Professional Integrity
• Leadership, Management, and Team Building
• Planning, Organizing and Execution
• Analytical Skills & Judgment
Education and Experience
• Accounting Experience: Minimum of 8-10 years of previous experience as a professional accountant, with increasing responsibilities and leadership.
• Supervisory Experience: Has proven supervisory experience in supervising and motivating an accounting office or in leading audit teams in public accounting.
• Education: Has completed a bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent experience. A CPA or master’s degree in accounting or finance is strongly desired.
• Other Preferences: Has familiarity with non-profit accounting and experience in a non-profit or higher education setting.
• Analytical and Information Systems: Demonstrated analytical ability and strong proficiency in accounting information systems, automated accounts payable systems, and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Please apply through Gordon-Conwell’s Career Center available here: https://www.gordonconwell.edu/employment/
Please include these documents in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats:
• A cover letter addressed to Gregg Hansen, Chief Financial Officer, explaining your interest in the position.
• A formal CV that includes the names of at least three references.
No hard copy materials, please. Opportunities to interview will be made available at the search committee’s initiative. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.