- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Sally Jackson.
August 20, 2018 at 11:31 am #12577Sally JacksonGuest
I’m Sally, and I’m looking for a roommate who is really interested in a similar vision for their home to come join two of us in my West Roxbury house! I hope to hear from you!
Vision for the home:
This home is increasingly becoming a gathering place for community-building and fun times! It’s ideal for getting to know neighbors, having semi-regular gatherings (think neighborhood group, or movie or game nights, or brunches) and parties, and being able to host friends and family overnight– and without kicking people to the couch. I hope the house can more and more be about hospitality and bringing people together, and I’m specifically looking for a roommate who is also comfortable with and excited about these things. I also hope we can live together intentionally. I hope that the home is seen as more than just a place to sleep when you’re not working; I really want to know my roommates! (So, if you tend to retreat to your room and close the door regularly, this probably isn’t the house for you.) I look forward to having good communication, encouraging one another, sharing a movie or bottle of wine, eating together on a somewhat predictable basis–however we define that. I’d love the chance to talk to you more about what my daily rhythms are and what this might practically look like.
Well, people and food summarizes a lot about me! I love to cook, bake, travel, talk about deep things, read, spend time outside, ski, and sing. I am a moderate extrovert (I do like alone time) in my early 30s, generally work 9-5 (at BU in student services), love adventures and fun events, but love being home, too. I bought the house last summer and moved into Boston after three years in Cambridge. I’ve now planted roots in Boston and at Church of the Cross, but previously I’ve called Chicagoland, Virginia, and Prague “home”.
About the house:
• 4 bedroom, 2 full bath single-family house in West Roxbury (Boston). Three roommates total (me + two tenants) across 3 bedrooms, one guest room. Large living room, formal dining room, awesome country kitchen perfect for cooking up a feast, enclosed porch, backyard with patio, half-finished basement with family room, bathroom, laundry. Limited storage in walk-up attic and basement. Ample street parking around.
• For transportation, there are three main options: 1) the house is off of Lagrange St between Centre and VFW Parkway, making a quick escape by car to JP, Roslindale, Dedham, Newton, Brookline, or the city center really easy. I-95 is also not far off. 2) The West Roxbury commuter rail station (Needham line) is 0.5 miles from the house and can take you to Ruggles, Back Bay, South Station, etc. 3) The 37 bus stop is on the same block as the house, and the bus goes to Roslindale Village and Forest Hills station. I can definitely talk to you about whether this location is ideal for your work and lifestyle (I have plenty of thoughts on it)!
• The house is also 0.7 miles to the YMCA, the local library branch, and an ice cream shop. All that central West Roxbury has to offer is only 0.1 miles beyond that. Roche Bros and Star Market groceries are accessible, and it’s only a 10 minute drive to Wegman’s. Green space abounds nearby, including popular Millennium Park.
• The house is furnished in shared spaces but your bedroom would be unfurnished. Your bedroom: 13’2″x12’6″, ceiling fan, two windows with great afternoon light, a decent medium-sized closet.
• See my post on Craigslist for some views of the shared living spaces and info about ideal roommate! Pictures of the available bedroom upon request.
More important info:
• 12-mo lease beginning September 1. Earlier move-in only if coordinated with landlord and vacating tenant.
• A family dog visits several times each year, so you should be pet friendly.
• Up-front costs are first month’s rent and security deposit. Once month’s rent of $1065 is inclusive of utilities, including gas/heat, electric, internet, limited TV, water/sewer, and security. References and credit check (to be paid by renter) upon landlord request.
Please do NOT reply to this post, but rather contact jackson.sally.e(at)gmail.com, subject line “Hospitality House.”