- This event has passed.
UniteBoston’s “Again I Say Rejoice” Concert
September 30, 2023 from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Get excited, friends! We don’t have many opportunities to come together across racial and cultural lines to worship Jesus – Come to support local BIPOC artists including:
– Spoken word by Amber Jogie
– Interactive Art by Taija-Rayne Franklyn
– Dance by Jubilee Worcester Dance Ministry
There will be something for everyone: Incredible gospel music with the God’s Chosen Community Choir singing alongside our united worship band, as well as lawn games, food trucks, and more!
What to bring
Bring yourself, a friend, and you can also bring a lawn chair or blanket to use if you’d like! Listen to our gospel playlist & get ready to sing it loud and sing it proud!
The closest parking is the Dock Square Garage; parking for the afternoon/evening of the concert should be around $20. The Parcel 7 (Haymarket) Garage is a 10′ walk away from the park; costs $16 for the day or $3 for up to 3 hours of parking if validated by local business; If you park for longer than 3 hours in the Haymarket Garage, the validation is void and regular rates apply. You can also try to use Spot Angels or Spot Hero to find a parking spot, or save on parking costs – and help the environment too – by using public transportation.
If you can’t make it in person, we will also be broadcasting the event to our Facebook Live account starting at 4:00pm!
Ways to get involved:
- Join the Community Choir! All sections needed and no formal choir experience necessary. More info here.
- Listen to our gospel playlist and get yourself ready to sing it loud and sing it proud!
- Sponsor a Table! Local organizations and businesses are invited to sponsor a table during our fall concert. We have sliding scale costs based on the size of your organization. This is a great opportunity to spread the word about the inspiring work you do to those who are attending. Click here to learn more – Final Deadline is Sept 23!
- Spread the word! Invite your pastor, colleagues and friends to rejoice in the Lord together in the heart of the city! Students can become Concert Ambassadors, who spread the word at their campus, help to create a welcoming atmosphere, and strengthen their leadership skills. You can also download our Church Media Kit to share about the concert at your local church!
A note on the location:
This worship gathering is taking place at Christopher Columbus Park in downtown Boston. UniteBoston’s team recognizes that this park was named after someone who led an expedition to the Americas and is responsible for the killing of native peoples. The park is also adjacent to Long Wharf, where slave traders trafficked kidnapped Africans into Boston. We call individuals to grieve and repent from the sin of racism and its impacts, which shaped the founding of our country and continue to endure in us as individuals, in our churches, institutions, culture and social systems. As an initial step, UniteBoston’s team is taking this year to better understand the ways in which white supremacy shows up in our leadership and organization, and how we can contribute to unity in the body of Christ that upholds Biblical justice. Together, may we work towards dismantling the ways that systemic racism shows up in Greater Boston and beyond, so we can honor the image of God inherent in all people and contribute to holistic flourishing reflective of God’s kingdom.
- Rev. Kelly Fassett
March 16 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
March 16 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm