Room Open in Dorchester Christian Community House – $800/month
March 1 - April 1
Hello UniteBoston friends! We are looking for a female to join our Christian Community in Dorchester. We’re looking for someone who can commit to being in our community long-term (at least six months to one year or more). Read below to hear more about our community and please spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested in this opportunity!
April/May/June move-in date (flexible) – $800 per month
Community Details: We have six people living in our home: a husband and wife who are working in Christian ministry with two young girls, one woman working as a school nurse, one woman studying to become an anesthesiologist with a dog, and potentially you! We are intentional about living out our Christian faith and supporting one another through prayer and friendship. We share household chores as well as weekly house dinners together. We try to create a house environment that prioritizes creating safe spaces for communication, hospitality, and shared fun. The things we do together are based on the skillsets and interests of each person, and among many other things, we’ve enjoyed exploring Franklin Park, morning prayer times, gardening, creative arts nights, lively discussion, and board games. We seek to support each other as we grow in faith and being a light for the gospel in our neighborhood, workplaces and beyond.
House Details: The 3-story, 5-bedroom house was recently remodeled. The bedrooms are sunny and large, with hardwood floors throughout. There is a large living and dining room on the first floor, and kitchen with new appliances. The house has a covered porch in the front and back, with a large back deck and small yard in the back too. There is also a private parking area available in the back of the house. There is free laundry in the basement as well as limited additional storage space. There is also a guest room on the third floor that we use together for family and friends who are in town. Rent prices include utilities & Internet.
Neighborhood Details: Our home is a 10′ walk to Franklin Park and Harambee Park, a 5′ walk to the Talbot Ave commuter rail station, and 1 mile to Shawmut on the red line. It is located on a residential street that is relatively quiet and safe, though our neighborhood can be a bit noisy at night in the summer. There is a corner market one block away, as well as grocery stores and local restaurants within walking distance.
We’re looking for the right person to join our community house! If you’re interested, email Kelly Fassett at email@example.com with the following information so we can get to know you better:
Looking to move in:
For How long?
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
2. What are you passionate about?
3. What kind of living situation are you looking for?
4. What does community mean to you? Speak to the theoretical ( i.e.: people who support one another) and the tangible (i.e.: sharing meals)
5. Have you lived in community? w/ roommates? Describe your experience. If not, please share what your living situation(s) have been for the past 3-4 years.
6. Why are you interested in living here?
7. Do you have any reservations and/or concerns about living in community? Please describe.
8. Do you enjoy kids? How do you feel about living in a house with a 1 and 3 year old?
9. Do you have any personal considerations that might make living in community difficult? Please explain.
10. Are you currently involved in a local church? Please share why or why not.
11. Briefly describe your faith journey.
12. What questions do you have for us?
13. What questions should we have asked, but didn’t?
References: Please provide name, email and telephone number
1. Current/Past Roommate
2. Current landlord
3. Character reference: pastor, mentor, etc
- Rev. Kelly Fassett
Caring for the Wounds of our Hearts – Friday Night GroupMarch 24 from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Friday, repeating until May 5, 2023
Lenten Service for Ukraine: Praying for PeaceMarch 25 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Boston Youth Re-Entry: Supporting Returning CitizensMarch 25 from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Leave a Reply