- This event has passed.
Position Available – Part-Time Cook!
March 5, 2019 - March 23, 2019
The International Fellowship House is currently seeking a part-time (20-25 hours/week) Cook and Kitchen Manager. Combine your passion for serving others with your passion for food!
Do you enjoy making delicious food? Do you love caring for and serving people? Are you interested in learning about other cultures? Do you have an interest in playing a key role in a diverse community?
If you answered yes to these questions, read on!
What is the International Fellowship House?
The International Fellowship House (IFH) is a Christian nonprofit that desires to see international students from all cultures and religions thriving academically, socially, and spiritually. A primary way we do this is by providing a home to around twenty-two male international students and researchers. More than just a boarding house, the IFH strives to have as much of the atmosphere, comfort, and fellowship of a home as possible. We believe that sharing meals is essential for creating a home and for true community to develop. Therefore, the position of Cook and Kitchen Manager is of vital importance to the IFH.
The primary responsibility of the Cook and Kitchen Manager is to help facilitate this environment through the service of meals and kitchen management. In addition to preparing meals and managing the kitchen, the Cook and Kitchen Manager is encouraged and invited to be an active participant in the community through participating in activities, sharing occasional meals and cultivating meaningful relationships.
- Work joyfully, independently and efficiently within approximately 20-25 hours per week.
- Create a hospitable, pleasant kitchen environment through attitude and demeanor.
- Plan and work within a budget and strive to become more economical without sacrificing quality.
- Prepare meals for 20-30 people Monday through Friday and for special events.
- Ready dinner meals by 5:50pm Monday-Friday.
- Submit menus 2 weeks in advance for the following 2 weeks.
- Shop weekly and as needed for food to be prepared for dinners and breakfasts.
- Prepare meals for residents with dietary restrictions.
- Prepare party/holiday menus and meals approximately 5 times/year for large IFH events.
- Manage the organization and maintenance of the main kitchen.
- Manage weekly, quarterly and annual dinner and breakfast food inventory.
- Organize and manage the kitchen space.
- Manage the cleaning of the kitchen twice a year during our semi-annual cleaning days.
Compensation/Benefits: salaried position of $1700 per month, paid holidays and vacation days, transportation allowance, free dinner on nights cooked.
Fill out an application and submit your resume here:
For more information about the Cook and Kitchen Manager position, contact Anna at: email@example.com