- This event has passed.
Open Position: Part-Time Project Coordinator (20-25 hours/week)
February 13 - March 18
Position: Project Coordinator
Position Type: Part-time, 20-25 hours/week
Location: This position is mostly remote with occasional in person meetings at the Imago Dei Fund (IDF) offices in Boston
Organization: Imago Dei Fund / The Girl Child & Her Long Walk to Freedom project
JOB DESCRIPTION – Part-Time Project Coordinator (20-25 hours/week)
The Girl Child & Her Long Walk to Freedom is a joint project of the Imago Dei Fund and the Institute for Faith and Gender Empowerment. The project launched in 2018 with a mission to nurture a community of faith-inspired change agents putting “faith to work through love” to liberate the world from the deep roots of patriarchy. Our vision is a world where girls grow up feeling safe and equally valued and everyone can become all they were meant to be.
The Project Coordinator will work in concert with Emily Nielsen Jones, Founding Partner; Andrew Jones, IDF Impact Partner; and the Girl Child Long Walk (GCLW) Team to manage and coordinate selected activities and operations of the Girl Child and Her Long Walk to Freedom project.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with Emily Nielsen Jones and Girl Child Team to determine priority assignments to be completed. This position will be predominantly done remotely with occasional in person meetings at the Imago Dei Fund (IDF) offices in Boston. This position requires someone who is organized, detail oriented, passionate about girl and women issues, and team oriented.
- Serve as point person for all consultants serving the Girl Child Long Walk (GCLW) Team, keeping all the various functions on the team running smoothly and in concert with IDF operations;
- Support the Director of IT on the management of the Girl Child Hub;
- Lead weekly GCLW team meetings and attend weekly communication and technology meetings as needed ensuring smooth flow of communication between all parties;
- Coordinate with Emily Jones and the GCLW Team all the activities of the project according to planned timeline and set goals;
- Manage all event logistics and run Zoom webinars for all Courageous Conversation events and other online events as needed, create and manage processes for all events;
- Provide administrative support to the reading journey including leading logistics for drop-in sessions and the editing of the ebook;
- With Andrew Jones, manage the various consultants contracts and invoices with approval from Emily Jones and in collaboration with Finance & Operations Associate;
- Develop annual budget with Emily Jones and Andrew Jones and the project team; Monitor spending against budget for the project team and give reports to IDF staff on IDF resources used towards the GCLW project working with Finance & Operations Associate on reporting;
- Attend weekly IDF all team meetings and report any relevant GCLW information to the team and vice versa to GCLW team;
- Continue building out & keep a file structure for GCLW documents;
- Manage all GCLW accounts as needed including Slack account, Zoom accounts, any communication accounts as needed;
- Special Projects as needed.
- Relevant work experience, including supporting mission-driven nonprofit organizations and causes.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong and versatile interpersonal and communication skills. Able to work with a global audience, many of whom speak English as a second or third language.
- High competency level in Zoom and other communication platforms as needed, or ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- A demonstrated commitment to The Girl Child Long Walk’s mission.
- Comfortable working as part of a team as well as independently; strong communication skills needed.
- Reliable and strong internet access as this position requires most meetings to be conducted via video conferencing.
Click here to download a PDF of the project coordinator position. Please contact Emilynj@imagodeifund.org if you are interested in this open position.