- This event has passed.
Live-in Part-Time Community Cook Opening!
May 16, 2019 - June 8, 2019
The International Fellowship House is currently accepting applications for a live-in, part-time (20-25 hours/week) male Cook and Kitchen Manager. Combine your passion for serving others with your passion for food!
What is the International Fellowship House?
The International Fellowship House (IFH) is a non-profit home to around twenty male international students and researchers. More than just a boarding house, the IFH strives to have as much of the atmosphere, comfort, and fellowship of a home as possible. We believe that sharing meals is essential for creating a home and for true community to develop. Therefore, the position of Cook and Kitchen Manager is of vital importance to the IFH.
The primary responsibility of the Cook and Kitchen Manager is to help facilitate this environment through the service of meals and kitchen management. The Cook and Kitchen Manager prepares dinner meals 5 nights per week Monday-Friday, purchases supplies, maintains kitchen organization and hygiene, and works closely with the Resident Manager. As a fellow resident of the community, the Cook and Kitchen Manager is expected to participate in the life of the community as outlined in our Handbook.
- Work joyfully, independently and efficiently within approximately 20-25 hours per week.
- Create a hospitable, pleasant kitchen environment through attitude and demeanor.
- Plan and work within a budget and strive to become more economical without sacrificing quality.
- Prepare meals for 20-30 people Monday through Friday and for special events.
- Ready dinner meals by 5:50pm Monday-Friday.
- Submit menus 2 weeks in advance for the following 2 weeks.
- Shop weekly and as needed for food to be prepared for dinners and breakfasts.
- Prepare meals for residents with dietary restrictions.
- Prepare party/holiday menus and meals approximately 5 times/year for large IFH events.
- Manage the organization and maintenance of the main kitchen.
- Manage weekly, quarterly and annual dinner and breakfast food inventory.
- Organize and manage the kitchen space.
- Manage the cleaning of the kitchen twice a year during our semi-annual cleaning days.
Compensation/Benefits: housing, monthly stipend, paid holidays and vacation days, transportation allowance, parking, benefits available to all residents (breakfast and dinner M-F, trips, etc.).
Fill out an application and submit your resume here:
For more information about the Cook and Kitchen Manager position, contact Anna at: firstname.lastname@example.org