- This event has passed.
Children’s Ministry Coordinator Job Opening
March 27 - April 11
Neighborhood Church of Dorchester is looking to hire a part time (~6 – 8 hrs / week) Children’s Ministry Coordinator.
About Neighborhood Church of Dorchester: see links below
Children’s Ministry Vision: We envision children in our community being transformed by God’s Shalom: exhibiting self-confidence, hope, joy, and right relationships because they have internalized God’s love for them and the church’s love for them.
Children’s Ministry Mission: We strive to teach our children who Jesus is, how to follow him, and what it means to experience the fullness of God’s Shalom.
Children’s Ministry Summary: Each Sunday Service during the message, all children ages 2-12 are invited to participate in a fun, interactive class in which they can engage with God’s story in an age-appropriate way. Each week’s lesson generally includes:
- Intro activity
- Discussion and snack
- Application activity
Note that we intend that the Kids Church program on Sunday will eventually split between ages 2 – 5 and 6 – 12 (roughly), and the Coordinator will be a leader for the older age group.
Key Responsibilities of the Children’s Ministry Coordinator
- Become familiar with the NCD Children’s Ministry Vision so that it shapes the work
- Host a monthly meeting with the Children’s ministry volunteers to review the previous month and prepare for the next
- Work with Children’s ministry volunteers to choose and modify curriculum
- Plan and prepare for each weeks lesson, molding it to be most meaningful for our kids and your leading style
- Coordinate volunteers to assist with children’s church on Sundays, gathering supplies needed, etc
- Troubleshoot discipline challenges with volunteers and families
- Connect with parents/guardians of each child once every other week to share how you see them growing and share how the parents can continue emphasizing discipleship themes at home
- For more information about Neighborhood Church of Dorchester and our vision for Children’s Ministry, please see:
- Living a life surrendered to Jesus Christ
- Shared belief in NCD’s statement of faith
- Experience with teaching children
- Shared philosophy of discipline as stated in the vision document
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Spirit of collaboration
- Heart of humility and growth mentality
- Must be able to make to in-person service in Dorchester every Sunday unless there is sickness or different plans communicated in advance
Please send your resume / CV to Pastor Valerie Copeland at email@example.com.