BostonServe 2017 was a huge success! Thanks to everyone who came out to serve the city!
Click here to see highlights from BostonServe – with lots of photos!
Lena Denis – Unity Through Diversity
We are tentatively planning for the next BostonServe in October 2018… stay tuned for more details!
Click on the above image to watch our BostonServe Promo Video!
Click on the image below to download to tweet and share with friends! Be sure to use the hashtag #bostonserve
Also RSVP / Share with friends on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1858667291063724/
BostonServe is coming up next Saturday May 6th!
How it works:
Join us to serve our city with the love of Christ. Simply come to one of our three breakfast sites at 9:00am on Saturday morning, May 6th, where you will get to enjoy a free continental breakfast, receive a free tee shirt, meet your UniteBoston hosts, and hear about the projects taking place in that neighborhood.
Breakfast Sites & Project List
- Jamaica Plain Hub – 9:00 to 9:45am at River of Life Church, 440 Centre St, Jamaica Plain
- South End Hub – 9:00 to 9:45am at the Emmanuel Gospel Center, 2 San Juan Street, Boston
- Cambridge Hub – 9:00 to 9:45am at Reservoir Church, 15 Notre Dame Ave, Cambridge
Please RSVP to volunteer for the various projects using the link below so we can plan well.
Additionally, we recently heard about other great opportunities to serve our city that are also taking place on May 6th. It’s exciting to see how God is aligning us – We encourage you to join into these as well!
Boston “Love Your Block” Neighborhood Cleanups
Background info about BostonServe:
From now until October 2017, all around the world, Lutherans and Catholics are coming together to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. This is a timely opportunity for all Christians to turn towards one another in efforts to help answer Jesus’ prayer in John 17 “that we would be one.” In a world that is so divided on many lines, especially politically and racially, it is imperative that Christians come together to demonstrate the fullness of our communion in Christ.
Here in New England, an ecumenical leadership committee is planning opportunities for joint bible studies and liturgical services across Christian traditions. Additionally, UniteBoston has been asked to lead the New England CityServe effort. On May 6, 2017, we will be encouraging every church in New England to serve in their neighborhood together on one day.
If you’re not sure where to start in choosing a project, here are some ways to serve your neighbors.
Our goals include:
- Strengthening the Bridges Between Churches and the City – Encourage churches and individuals to become more deeply engaged in serving their communities.
- Deepening Relational Connections – Build and strengthen local relationships among churches, Christians, and the city.
- Making Visible Christ’s Love for Our Cities – Display our united witness for Christ and our love for the city in a way that one church cannot accomplish alone. Together, we can do more.
Locally in Boston, we have a team of UniteBoston Reps who are currently building relationships and helping to establish shared missional goals for neighborhood communities. Greater Things for Greater Boston is providing leadership to foster service projects in the metro Boston area and the suburbs. We are also reaching out to churches throughout New England who desire to serve their city and identify shared missional goals for neighborhood transformation.
Churches can participate in an area of service they are already involved with (church/school partnerships, homeless outreach, etc.,) serve with another church in their neighborhood. If your church would like help coordinating a service project in your area, please let us know.
Please sign up using the links above, and stay tuned for more information communicated via the UniteBoston weekly newsletter!
If you have any questions, please email UniteBoston’s Executive Director Kelly Steinhaus at email@example.com
Spread the word to your friends and colleagues – Click here to download the letter to distribute to pastors and church leaders in the area!
Click the above graphic to download and share on Facebook / Twitter!
Past BostonServe projects:
- Cleaning and Painting at the Jackson Mann K-8 School (9/25/2015)
- Harvard Square Homeless Outreach (9/27/2015)
- Codman Park Clean Up (9/27/2015)
- Timilty Middle School – Painting, Cleaning and Carpentry (9/27/2015)
- Candelight Vigil on Warren Street (9/29/2015)
- CommonCare Dinner for those in need (10/7/2015)
- Bridge House Workday (10/10/2015)
- Painting and Cleaning at English High School (10/13/2015)
- Painting at A School in Somerville (10/14/2015)
- Visiting Elderly Friends (10/14/2015)
Photos from BostonServe on October 24, 2017